Not only can you boil or bake rabbit but BBQ grilled rabbit is so good too!… Submitted by Heather C.
‘- Fresh Rabbit *as many as you want*
– Water *enough to cover all rabbits*
– Salt *enough to make water taste salty*
– Garlic Salt
– Spreadable butter
– Olive Oil
– BBQ Sauce of your liking
– Tin Foil if needed
- Take your rabbits and wash with clean water.
- Next, take a bowl of water mixed with salt till slightly salty, put the rabbits in the bowl *make sure they are fully submerged*. let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Next day pull the rabbits out of the water and rinse off very well and then sit the rabbits in a pan and rub Olive Oil on them just enough to oil them up.
- Now go turn the grill on and let it get hot.
- Now before tossing the rabbits on the grill rub some butter all on them, then sprinkle with Garlic salt and Pepper to your liking.
- Now is the time to toss the rabbits on the grill. Depending on if your using a gas or charcoal smoker grill time will vary when cooking. Cooking time will also depend on size of rabbits. Cooking time can be between 2 hours to 5 hours. Rabbits are done when the core temperature reaches 170F in the fattest part on him.
- WHILE grilling the rabbit, every 15 or so minutes baste the rabbit with melted butter to keep him nice and moist on the grill. When the temperature is getting close to reaching 170F baste a nice layer of BBQ Sauce on them. If rabbits start to dry out to much for your liking wrap in some tin foil. Once the temperature hits the mark take them off and Enjoy!