Yes, we know venison backstrap is absolutely delicious as a stand-alone cut of meat, but every now and then it’s nice to spice things up, and what better way to do it than stuffing it with cream cheese and jalapenos then wrapping it in bacon?!?!
- Deer backstrap – pounded flat
- Bacon – thin sliced
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder – not salt
- Salt and pepper
- Steak seasoning of your choice
- Jalapenos – sliced in small slivers
- Onion – sliced in small slivers
- With a meat mallet, pound meat until flattened. (Butterflying meat with a knife first speeds up process.)
- Dust the backstrap with garlic powder, seasoning salt, kosher salt & pepper.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of meat, sprinkle with jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms. Add some shredded pepperjack if you’d like.
- Roll meat and wrap with bacon & secure with toothpicks. Place in glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Bake or grill until bacon is done. (400°F for 30 min in oven). Set to broil to crisp bacon. Grill over medium high heat.
- Remove from heat & let rest for 10 minutes before slicing – if you can wait that long!