Easy venison soup recipe that is sure to please on those cold winter days…
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound venison, cut into cubes
1 cup diced onion
1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups water
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the venison in the hot oil.
- Add onion, cover pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Stir the mixed vegetables, tomatoes, and potatoes.
- Combine the water, sugar, and bouillon, stir into the soup.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and simmer for at least one hour, or until the meat is tender.