The secret is revealed and the soft vs. crunchy shell debate is settled! No more midnight Taco Bell runs because you can make this granddaddy ground venison crunchwrap supreme in your very own kitchen!
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar nacho cheese
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 6 small soft shell tortillas (if burrito shells aren’t big enough; see video)
- 6 tostada shells
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Hot sauce
- Vegetable oil
- In a large skillet brown the ground venison. Drain excess grease, and stir in the taco seasoning mix and water. Cook according to the package directions.
- Warm the nacho cheese sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the soft shells for 30 seconds to warm them.
- Lay 1 burrito-size tortilla on a flat surface. Spread 1/2 cup of taco meat in the center of the tortilla, about 6 inches across. Drizzle with nacho cheese sauce, and top with 1 tostada shell or crispy corn tortilla. Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the tostada shell, and top with lettuce, tomato, shredded Mexican cheese, and some hot sauce. Top with the other small softshell.
- To fold the crunchwrap, start at the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edge up and over the center. Continue to work your way around, until all the ingredients are enclosed.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the crunchwrap seam-side down into the skillet, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is golden brown. Carefully flip the crunch wrap over, and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve up that CrunchRack SUPREME!