If you thought cheeseburgers were tasty on a bun, wait until you try these!
‘-1 pound ground venison burger
-½ onion, finely chopped
-3 slices of bacon, chopped
-⅓ cup cream cheese
-1 tablespoon ketchup
-2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
-1 teaspoon yellow mustard
-1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
-2 cans layered biscuits (16 biscuits)
-1 block cheddar cheese, chopped into 16 squares
*feel free to add anything you’d like on a burger – mushroom swiss anybody???
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground venison, bacon and onion in a large pan. Drain any grease.
3. Add cream cheese, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to pan. Stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted.
4. Allow to cool. Once cool, stir in egg.
5. Roll each biscuit out very thin. Place 1 square of cheese down on dough and scoop a spoonful of the ground venison mixture onto each biscuit.
6. Wrap the biscuit around the ground venison and cheese and tightly seal the edges.
7. Place balls on a greased cooking sheet and bake 13-16 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Serve hot with a side of ketchup, BBQ sauce, ranch, mustard, or whatever your tasty heart desires 😉