Not your typical breakfast, but this egg and venison breakfast sausage filled hoagie is a hearty meal. Exactly what you need to stay on stand all day waiting on that lunch time buck while other hunters head back to camp.
Homemade Venison Breakfast Sausage Ingredients
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 Hoagie Buns (or Long French Loaf?)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk to mix with eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat stove to medium high heat. Add your ground venison and sausage seasoning ingredients into pan. Mix well until meat is seasoned and brown. Remove from heat and put in a big mixing bowl.
- Using the same frying pan sautee the mushrooms and green peppers. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of your ingredients into the large mixing bowl (other than the bread and a cup of cheese to sprinkle over the top). Mix together.
- Cut the top of your bread on a 45° angle to remove a wedge from the top. Be sure to leave at least 1/2″ of bread in bottom otherwise they might leak a little with the soggy egg mixture.
- Fill the bread with the egg and venison sausage mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until egg is fully cooked. Add a little cheese on the top just at the end.