One of the best comfort foods anyone can make. Its quick and easy. Don’t be afraid of left overs, it tastes even better the next day… Submitted by Patricia S.
‘- 2 lbs. ground venison
– 1/2 package of thick cut bacon
– 2 cans canned mushrooms (optional)
– 1 green pepper (chopped)
– 1 med. onion (chopped)
– 3 cloves garlic (minced)
– 1 (15 oz.) can of light kidney beans
– 1 (15 oz.) can of dark kidney beans
– 1 (30 oz.) can of tomato sauce
– 1 (30 oz.) can of stewed tomatoes
– 2 Tablespoons chili powder
– 2 teaspoons paprika
– Old Bay to taste
– Top with cheddar cheese for decoration and a little extra taste.
- Cut bacon strips into small piece and add to a heated stockpot. Let bacon cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on how crispy you want it)
- Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and let cook for 7-10 minutes
- Add the venison and cook until completely browned (you can keep or drain the grease)
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, chili powder, paprika and old bay.
- Bring the chili to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 1-3 hours. It will not hurt to simmer more than 3 hours.
- Option – You can put it into a crock pot and simmer all day for nice tender venison.
- Top with cheddar cheese for decoration and a little extra taste.