Venison loin stuffed with morels, bacon, sun dried tomatoes and Gorgonzola cheese. A whirlwind of flavor!!!… Submitted by Geoff D.
– Venison loin
– 1 lb. of morels chopped
– 1 lb. of bacon (cooked and chopped)
– 1 medium red onion chopped
– 4-6 cloves of garlic minced
– 1-2 whole cloves of garlic cut in half
– 1 container of Gorgonzola cheese
– 1/8 Cup of sun dried tomatoes cut in pieces
– Drizzle of olive oil 2-3 times
– Salt and pepper
– 1/8 Cup Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 stick of butter
Start off by “roll cutting” the loin, this should resemble a flank steak when finished.
Take a clove of garlic cut it in half and rub the meat on all sides, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
Roll loin back up and place into fridge.
In a large skillet melt the butter, add Worcestershire sauce and the morels, sauté these until the moisture has reduced.
Add sun dried tomatoes and bacon, drizzle with EVO, then add Gorgonzola cheese. Continue to cook until cheese melts stirring to mix all ingredients.
Place your stuffing in a bowl and put in the fridge until mixture becomes firm.
After mixture firms ,unroll loin and place mixture in a layer over the loin. Leave room along the edge so you don’t lose the mixture -Roll loin up and tie with butchers twine.
Cook to your favorite doneness and enjoy!!