A delectable mild yet flavorful stroganoff, made with tasty fresh rabbit. Everyone will enjoy this. I have even tempted vegetarians with this and they loved it. This will serve 6 or 4 with some left overs. I enjoy it the next day more, after the flavor has permeated the meat. A fresh baked bread for dipping is suggested…
Submitted by Greg S.
– 1 large rabbit
– Flour for dredging
– 4 large onions, sliced thin
– 1/2 stick of butter
– 3 cups chicken broth
– Salt & Pepper
– 1 Cup of milk or half & half
– 1 Tblsp. corn starch
– 1 Cup sour cream
– 1 Bunch fresh dill, chopped
– 1 lb. cooked flat egg noodles
- One large rabbit cleaned and meat removed from bone, cut into small pieces.
- Saute Onions in butter until soft.
- Dredge rabbit pieces in flour, salt & pepper and brown in sauteed onions (add butter if needed )
- In a large dutch oven or stew pot, add browned rabbit, onions, milk or half & half, chicken broth, salt & pepper and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for around 45 min, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare cornstarch in 2-3 Tbsp. cold water and slowly stir into hot mixture, stir in sour cream and dill, spoon over cooked noodles and enjoy.