The best part about this recipe is the ability to IMPROVISE! It’s like making a sub, only it’s for breakfast…put whatever meat and veggies you want in it.
‘- 12 eggs, beaten
– 1 1/2 pounds ground venison, turkey, breakfast sausage, or whatever meat you darn well please!
– 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (more if you’re from Wisconsin 😉 )
– 7 slices white bread, torn into pieces
– Add any vegetables you may want
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown sausage or ground venison in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off grease, and set aside to cool. Pour the eggs into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the sausage, bread and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Mix well and pour into the egg mixture.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, uncover and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
*Making this dish the night before makes for an easy and delicious meal! Just wake up and pop it in the oven.