Awesome recipe for any big game heart. So good you can even trick the folks who don’t want to try it!
– Deer heart
– 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon thyme
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces (use different colors for better presentation)
– 1 large onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
1. Trim the heart using a very sharp knife to slice off any visible fat from the outside. Then slice it into a few nice-sized cutlets, using the visible gaps as a guide. Finally, trim away the ‘spider web’ looking tissue from the inside of the heart as best you can.
2. In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, oregano, thyme and black pepper. Massage the marinade into the meat, put everything into a container that can just about hold everything and marinate for as little as 30 minutes, or as much as 2 days.
3. When you are ready to cook, get your grill extremely hot.
4. Remove the meat from the marinade, place the bell peppers and onion in the marinade to coat them well.
5. Skewer everything, alternating meat and veggies
6. Put on the grill uncovered for 8 minutes. Flip everything and grill, still uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
7. Let kabobs sit for at least 5 min before serving.