A delicious recipe for some fried squirrel…crisped to perfection.
Bacon as per your Need
Ground Chipotle Pepper
1. Take Squirrel Legs as per your requirement. Mix Soy Sauce, Olive Oil and Squirrel Legs and put it in a Zip Lock bag. Marinate for about 20 hours.
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Remove the bacon and leave the grease in the skillet.
3. Remove and drain the legs.
4. In a large bowl, combine some flour and bread crumbs. Season to taste with the garlic and onion powders, paprika, chipotle and black peppers.
5. Add a little oil to the bacon fat if necessary and heat them. Dredge the legs in the flour mixture and add to the hot oil. Turn to brown on all sides. Once they become brown, remove them and drain on paper towels.
6. Then place the legs on a rack placed in a shallow baking dish. Add a cup or so of water to the pan. Place the bacon strips on top of the legs and cover with foil.
7. Bake at 250 – 275 degrees until tender, at least 3 -4 hours. Depends how many you are cooking and how long you can hold off eating them
8. Serve and enjoy with your favorite side dishes.