Deer Popper Appetizer – Makes 20…
1 pound venison steaks, cubed
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning, or to taste
1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup jalapeno pepper slices
10 slices bacon, cut in half
toothpicks, soaked in water
- Season the venison meat with Greek seasoning and steak seasoning.
- Place in a bowl, and pour in enough Italian dressing to cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Drain the marinade from the meat, and discard the marinade.
- Place a slice of jalapeno on top of a piece of meat, then wrap with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with a soaked toothpick. Repeat with remaining meat.
Grill the deer poppers for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally to brown the bacon. Serve and enjoy!