Buns are BORING! Rather than slapping a fine venison burger between two lifeless halves of a bun, spice it up, and sandwich it between two mini quesadillas stuffed with cheese and jalapenos!
- 1 Lb. Ground Venison
- 8 Small Tortilla Shells (4 per burger)
- Fresh Jalapenos (Sliced)
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Salsa con Queso Dip
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Cook 3 strips of bacon. Set aside.
- Form two ½ pound venison burger patties. Fire up the grill.
- Construct the quesadilla buns by placing shredded cheese, jalapenos, and a dollop of salsa con queso on one shell and top it with the other. Lightly brush oil onto the outer sides of the shells, or simply lightly oil the pan.
- Grill your burgers on medium-high heat. After the first flip of your burger, start cooking your quesadilla buns on a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Flip once golden brown.
- Remove mini quesadillas from heat when both sides are golden brown. Stack the burger patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and a dollop of salsa con queso onto one of the quesadillas and top with the other.
- Cut into quarters and serve with a side of sour cream dipping sauce.