Stuffed French Toast over the fire? Are you kidding me?!
-Texas Toast (2 slices per)
-1 Egg (for 2 slices of bread)
-Blueberries (substitute favorite fruit)
1. For optimal cooking conditions, start a fire and wait for hot coals to form.
2. Spray both sides of the pudgie pie maker with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, beat one egg and dunk both sides of the Texas toast in egg. Once covered in egg, place both slices of bread into the pudgie pie maker – one on each side.
4. Cover one slice of bread with whip cream, then add the blueberries, and top it off by drizzling syrup over them.
5. Close the pudgie pie maker to seal in the goodness! You’ll likely need a napkin on hand to wipe the edges of the pudgy pie maker clean before putting it in the fire.
6. Place the pudgie pie maker in the fire over hot coals and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Don’t be afraid to give it a sneak peak every now and then to see how things are looking.
7. Once golden brown, remove the stuffed french toast pudgie pie from the pie iron and enjoy a top-notch breakfast any restaurant would be jealous of!