Blueberry backstrap my family’s favorite!… Submitted by Bud S.
‘- 2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
– 4 venison loin steaks, 1/2 inch thick
– Juice and peel one lemon
– 1 Cup chicken broth
– 4 Tbsp. butter
– 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries
– Several generous dashes ground cinnamon
– Several dashes ground ginger
– Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet and cook venison loin steaks until medium rare and browned on both sides. Place on a platter and keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with lemon juice and chicken broth. Cook over high heat to reduce liquid to about 1/2 cup.
- Lower heat to medium and add 4 Tablespoons butter, whisking in 1 Tablespoon at a time. Add blueberries, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Pour blueberry sauce over steaks and serve immediately.