An easy and hearty breakfast recipe with ground venison sausage. It’s perfect for the entire family or for deer camp.
*(Seasons 1 lb. of meat)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound ground venison
- Hash browns
- Bell Pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Veggies/toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a skillet, mix all the sausage seasonings in with 1 lb. of venison. Brown and set aside.
- In a greased muffin pan, add a thin layer of shredded hash browns and press against bottom and sides.
- Add a few bits of the cooked venison sausage to each cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Top with your choice of veggies and cheese.
- Cook at 375° for 20 minutes.