Take your dolled up venison backstrap recipes elsewhere, this deer camp delicacy is meant to go straight from your deer on to the grill. A little salt, a little pepper. . . ‘Nuff said!
- Venison Backstrap
- Go into woods.
- Hunt deer.
- Kill deer.
- Remove backstrap from deer.
- Fire up grill.
- Add salt and pepper to backstrap.
- Grill (while butchering rest of deer) on high heat for 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temp. reaches 140°(med-rare).
- Remove from grill, cover with foil, and let rest for 7 minutes.
- Crack a cold one and celebrate the hunt.