An easy and healthy way to spice up your wild salmon dishes. Simply bake your lightly seasoned salmon fillets, then prepare the avocado sauce for serving.
- 4 small salmon fillets or 2 large fillets
- ½ lime
- salt and pepper to taste
The Avocado sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil and grease lightly. Place salmon fillets on a prepared baking sheet. Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice over the salmon fillets. Season both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until flakey and tender.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the sauce. Add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a blender or food processor and pulse several times. Add a little bit of water at a time until mixture reaches a pourable consistency. Chill until ready to serve.
- When salmon is fully cooked, drizzle with avocado sauce and serve.