A wild appetizer that will send you running to the woods in search of more delicious morel mushrooms!
- Morels washed and cut in half length wise
- Sweet onions thinly sliced
- Blue cheese
- Pickled jalapenos
- Find and clean morels. Slice morels in half lengthwise. For more info on how to properly clean morels, click here.
- Lay a couple of pieces of onion inside the morel, along with a bit of blue cheese and a few small pieces of jalapeño.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds and wrap around the stuffed mushroom and pin it with a toothpick.
- If you have an air fryer, you can cook about 15 of the mushroom halves for 10 minutes at 360 degrees. Using a traditional oven, cook at 350° for 15 minutes or until the bacon is done.