Cream cheese stuffed and bacon wrapped deer tenderloin
‘- 2 pounds of tenderloin
– 1/2 pound of bacon
– 3 cups of dark brown sugar
– 2 cups of regular soy sauce
– 1/4 cup of white sugar
– 8 ounce tub of cream cheese
( I like chives but you can use regular)
- Mix brown sugar and soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Put the tenderloin on a cooking tray and poor mixture over it. Roll it around completely covering it.
- Marinate for 3-8 hours (8 hours is best if you have the time).
- Cut a pocket into tenderloin after it’s done marinating (cut lengthwise) then stuff with the cream cheese.
- Place the loin on a slotted bake sheet with either a drip pan or aluminum foil to catch the drippings. Don’t throw away the marinade!
- Wrap a piece of back around the very end of the tenderloin and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat until entire loin is wrapped completely in bacon.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over the loin.
- Place on center rack of the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- With 10 minutes of cooking time left, lightly dust with white sugar. For a crispier crust, remove from oven and place on the grill over medium heat to sear the bacon.