If I told you that you only had to do THREE simple things to impress your wife or mother this Mother’s Day, would you do them? Do you want to know what they are? Since we are all very busy, we’ll spare you the time and list the 3 Simple Things below. Now, go make it a very happy Mother’s Day!
1 – Buy her flowers and a card
Obvious . . . we know, but important staples of gratitude nonetheless. Thoughtful words are key, the rest is just icing on the cake. Homemade cards are a good idea, also…besides who wants to pay $4.00 for something that will ultimately be stacked in a box or thrown away?
2 – Give her a thoughtful and original gift
How many times has Mom been the one buying the gifts? Time to return the favor and get her something Legendary. Lucky for you, we’ve assembled the best gifts for the hunting mom that money can buy. And the best part is, no matter what you get her, she’s going to love it – she’s your mom, it’s what she does. For the perfect gift, check out the Mother’s Day Gift Guide.
3 – Make her breakfast…or brunch
This may be the #1 thing to do to impress. Heck, if you just do this and skip the other two, you’d still probably make her day. Breakfast sets the mood for how the day is going to turn out…start it off with a legendary meal, and chances are it will be a very enjoyable day. What’s even better is, you don’t have to get up any earlier to slave away in the kitchen. This egg bake recipe can be made the night before and it’s as easy as cracking a few eggs and throwing in some meat!
– 12 eggs, beaten
– 1 1/2 pounds ground venison, turkey, breakfast sausage, or whatever meat you darn well please!
– 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese – more if you’re from Wisconsin 😉
– 7 slices white bread, torn into pieces
– Add any vegetables you may want
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Brown sausage or ground venison in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off grease, and set aside to cool. Pour the eggs into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
3) In a separate large bowl, combine the sausage, bread and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Mix well and pour into the egg mixture.
4) Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cover with foil.
5) Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, uncover, and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
*Making this dish the night before makes for an easy and delicious meal! Just wake up and pop it in the oven.