Grilled Jalapeño Deer Poppers
‘-1 lb. venison – tenderloin or backstrap is preferred
-6 jalapeno peppers
-1/2 package of bacon (cut slices of bacon in half)
-1 onion (sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- Soak toothpicks in water
- Cut venison into 1 inch chunks
- Remove seed from the jalapenos and cut into small slices or 1/2 inch chunks. Omit if you don’t like spice.
- Cut onions into 1/2 inch flakes
- On a cutting board layout the 1/2 strips of bacon in a line. Assemble jalapeno, venison, onion, and a swipe of cream cheese in a tower formation placed in center of the bacon strip. Swiping the cream cheese onto the onion slice is what I have found to be the easiest.
- Wrap bacon around the stack and stick with a toothpick through the middle to hold contents together.
- Place the bites in a bowl or tupperware container and marinade with Italian dressing for 2-24 hours.
- Grill on medium heat and cook until bacon is done.