When he’s is not out chasing hill country bucks, or trudging through the cattail marsh he can be found doing something whitetail related. Jeff is a full time Creative Director at a media company in Milwaukee, WI. When not designing magazines Jeff is working with the Hunting Beast. Jeff assists with the marketing/design side of the Hunting Beast. Any free time after that is used to perfect his taxidermy hobby.
Jeff is self taught when it comes to chasing big whitetails. With the self taught mentality, Jeff enjoys passing along his findings and beast education to anyone looking to speed up their learning curve.
1. Where are you from? Where do you live now?
Grew up in SE WI and currently call SE WI home.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I love living in SE WI. SE MN (Red Wing, MN) holds a special place in my heart, that’s where I learned to hunt big hill country whitetails.
3. What’s your favorite animal to hunt and/or fish to catch?
Whitetail deer and Northern pike are two of my favorites to chase
4. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A major league baseball player. Its been a blast teaching and watching my son grow to love the sport and have success. I guess it brings the kid out in me.
5. What’s an ideal weekend for you?
Lots of scouting, hunting, shooting the bow/rifle, fishing and lot’s of laughs!
6. What’s your favorite sports team?
Milwaukee Brewers and Green Bay Packers
7. What’s your favorite beer?
Not a big beer drinker, Dr Pepper.
8. What’s your favorite gun/bow?
Remington 7400 30-06
9. What’s your favorite wild game meal?
Cheese Burger Venison poppers
-1 pound of ground venison
– add crushed French fried onions
– add steak seasoning
– form small patties
– wrap patties with a bacon strip and tooth pick to hold
– grill and eat!
10. Favorite music genre? Artist?
Anything on the radio
11. Dog or cat person? Breed? Name of pet?
Grew up with cats, now we have a Yorkie named Walt
12. What drives you?
I have a burning passion for education and sharing what I have learned over the years. Self taught hunting hill country whitetails. Failure is not an option, if I do not know how to do something I will figure it out and make it happen.
13. Who are your heroes?
As a kid I always enjoyed watching VHS tapes of Dan Fitzgerald chasing bucks with his bow. My entire family is my inspiration and where I developed my strong work ethic. You get out what you put in!
14. What would you name your boat if you had one?
The slippery whistle
15. Where’d you go to college?
University of WI-Stout
16. What TV character would you be?
Tim “the tool man” Taylor
17. What’s your favorite day to hunt?
The first weekend in November. Love the cool air and colors.
18. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done and would you do it again?
I followed Dan Infalt into the marsh carrying a stupid ladder 8 miles into the swamp and not killing a buck that day. I fall for that trick every hunting season…
19. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People that are rude and very narrow minded
20. What’s your favorite piece of Legendary Whitetails apparel?
Hideout Denim Jacket.