1. Where are you from? Where do you live now?
Blair, Nebraska. Live in Albia, IA currently.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Colorado or New Zealand, anywhere with mountains, really.
3. What’s your favorite animal to hunt and/or fish to catch?
Elk hunted a couple of times and that’s hard to beat, but whitetails and turkeys are my bread and butter.
4. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A paleontologist, then a wildlife biologist, then a wildlife photographer/videographer
5. What’s an ideal weekend for you?
Hiking in the mountains with my wife, also hanging out at the family farm, also hunting with family/friends…would be a busy weekend.
6. What’s your favorite sports team?
Don’t really have time to follow sports, but I enjoy watching the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Twins, and St. Louis Cardinals when I have a chance.
7. What’s your favorite beer?
Haven’t drank a beer since I turned 21. Favorite healthy drink is a green smoothie. Favorite unhealthy drink is Dr. Pepper.
8. What’s your favorite gun/bow?
My old Clearwater Archery MX-36.
9. What’s your favorite wild game meal?
A fresh deer tenderloin on the grill after a successful hunt. Also, my wife’s wild turkey and rice dish.
10. Favorite music genre? Artist?
Wide variety. Christian (Andrew Peterson, Todd Agnew), Film Scores (Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer), 90’s alternative/rock (Pearl Jam), Bluegrass, old Country, the list goes on…
11. Dog or cat person? Breed? Name of pet?
Both, I suppose. We have 3 cats (Aspen, Maple, Ash) and 2 dogs (Hunny, Chomper). All rescue pets of sorts.
12. What drives you?
To make a positive difference in the hunting community. To inspire new hunters, educate viewers about public land hunting opportunities, and promote the social aspect of hunting.
13. Who are your heroes?
Jesus of Nazareth, my parents, my wife. All have sacrificed a great deal for me.
14. What would you name your boat if you had one?
15. Where’d you go to college?
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
16. What TV character would you be?
Not sure, don’t watch much TV.
17. What’s your favorite day to hunt?
Don’t really have a favorite day, but my favorite conditions are a cold, frosty morning in late October or early November.
18. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done and would you do it again?
My wife and I used to wrestle and restrain wild deer in netted cage traps…the adrenaline rush is second to none! We were tagging and radio-collaring them for a research project. Would definitely do it again and think about it often!
19. What’s your biggest pet peeve?