Big hit with my hunting buddies and my 4 kids. Quick and satisfying for all… Submitted by William S.
– 2 lbs. venison steaks cut 1/4 inch thick and tenderized with a meat mallet
– Seasoned flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
– 1 qt. white mushrooms cut into quarters
– 1/4 Cup Marsala wine
– 1/2 Cup Teriyaki sauce
– 1/2 Cup water
– 4 Cups rice, any kind that is liked
- In a large skillet heat oil to saute white mushrooms quarters until tender, remove from pan.
- Lightly tenderize Venison steaks with a meat mallet.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Dredge venison steaks in seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- Saute in batches, cook venison until golden brown on both sides.
- After all the venison is cooked, return to pan, add mushrooms and Marsala wine and cooked uncovered for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes mix water and Teriyaki sauce and add to venison and mushroom mixture.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will create an awesome sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley to taste.
- Serve over prepared rice of choice.