If you ever needed a recipe to impress your guests, this is it! This is a favorite of ours over a wood fire when camping and at Christmas time on the grill. It takes a little extra preparation, but soooo worth it! Enjoy!!!… Submitted by – Carolyn L.
‘- Deer backstrap – 4 inches long
– Bacon – thin sliced
– Cream cheese
– Teriyaki marinade – not soy sauce
– Garlic powder – not salt
– Pepper Jack cheese
– Sausage – any flavor you like, cooked till almost done
– Jalapenos – sliced in small slivers
– Onion – sliced in small slivers
- With a meat mallet, pound meat till flattened thin.
- Marinade in Teriyaki marinade several hours.
- Remove & dust with garlic powder & pepper.
- Spread cream cheese on one side of meat, sprinkle with jalapenos & onions & pepper jack cheese.
- Sprinkle sausage in the middle of the meat.
- Roll meat, long side to long side, & wrap with bacon & secure with toothpicks.
- Grill till bacon is done. 5 minutes before done, top with pepper jack cheese & let melt.
- Remove from heat & let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. ( If you can wait that long!)